A planetary battle is one of the mission types available in Space Rangers 2. It is a real-time strategy minigame, where the player builds and commands robots to attack enemy dominators in a region of land.
There are four resources, each generated at a fixed rate by the base and various structures.
- Battery Energy
The dedicated resource structures have an icon on the top showing which resource is produced by a given factory.
Robots are composed of a hull, chasses, and optional weapons and modules.
- Monostack: 1 weapon slot
- Birex: 1 weapon slot and 1 additional weapon
- Diploid: 2 weapon slots
- Paragon: 2 weapon slots and 1 additional weapon
- Trident: 3 weapon slots
- Fullstack: 4 weapon slots and 1 additional weapon
- Blocker: +30 HP
- Dynamo: Reduce weapon heat by 20%, firing rate by 20%, and speed by 20%
- Locator: Increase weapon range by 20%, and radar by 50%
- Firewall: Reduce enemy hits by 50%, negates stunner, and -30% damage reduction from bomb.
- Spitfire: Causes ongoing damage
- Additional weapons
- They tend to be common after liberating a system from dominator influence.